At VNA, we are committed to providing expert and compassionate home health care of the highest quality. But we also know that healthy people need healthy communities, so we have several innovative community-based specialty support services and programs for at-risk children and young parents, family caregivers, and those in underserved populations.
- Breast Cancer Support — Individuals who are currently fighting breast cancer can receive financial assistance and VNA Help at Home support.
- Cooking Matters — Participants learn budgeting, shopping, cooking and nutrition information to help them provide nutritious meals to their families.
- Parenting Support — Pregnant women and parents of young children can receive in-home care and classroom-style education from nurses, social workers and parent coaches.
- Flu and Immunization Services — Anyone six months in age or older can receive a flu shot at various clinics or workplaces in the Omaha metro area for a small fee.
- Homeless Shelter Nursing Services — VNA serves about 50 percent of the homeless population in the Omaha metro area by offering personalized, expert care at shelters.
- School Health Programs — Students at public, private and parochial schools in the metro area receive preventative and urgent care from VNA nurses.